Thursday, May 21, 2009

a funny one

so i feel like i have to catch up on blogging...its been a long time...this is one that i have had the idea to blog for awhile but not had the chance....so here it is

so our church has a website (www.visitcbc.com) and somehow i did not get a profile on the "who we are" page?????? whats that about. josh said something about how you have to work there to get one??? crazy i tell you...so since he wont give me one...i just stole the page and am putting it here!!!! hahahahahaha
Name: Lanaya
Title: josh's girlfriend (his better half)
Home Town:  san bernardino
Family Info: i have a big family. but the immediate ones are a dad, mom, brother, 2 sisters, one nephew and 3 nieces...and my "daughter megan"

How did you come to CBC?
About 3 and 1/2 years ago (????) I visited the college group a few times. I was invited (by josh if i remember correctly) to visit a sunday morning service. I fell in love with the church but was still attending my parents church. After a few Sunday visits, I knew CBC was my home. And they havent been able to get rid of me since 

What is your role at CBC?
I date josh. and basically daniel pryde and i run things around there...dont tell josh....he doesnt know yet. we let him think he does. i also volunteer in the CBC Kids program, lead the girls college/career small group and am on the ladies ministry team 

What is the best part of your role?
i love josh. and in all seriousness wouldnt trade it for anything. working with kids is my favorite and just brings joy to my week. i like being able to serve. thats my favorite part of my role...and daniel and i like to play tricks on josh too

What do you count as the greatest invention of the last 100 years? Why?
lame i know but the text messaging...and as of currently blogging...cars and air conditioning are quite convenient too

If you were a season, what season would you be? Why?
Fall. i like to see leave change color (though they dont really here in the ghetto.. but i like the idea of it) and its not hot. or too rainy. 

What is your favorite place on earth? Why?
I have a few. i love watching the sunset over big bear lake. i also love disneyland. its just the happiest place on earth.

What makes you laugh?
what doesnt make me laugh? i love to laugh. Josh makes me laugh. And so does megan...she is very funny in case you didnt know. my 5th grade students get me laughing daily. my nieces and nephew can always make me laugh too 

What makes you cry?
animal movies. i am not a crier but movies with animals in it always make me emotional. and when my feelings get hurt :-( 

If you could be on any reality television show, which one would it be? Why?
the real world. just seems like fun. and i am so outgoing and love social things that i think i would enjoy living with a group of strangers and have to get to know them. and i would love to be able to live in a completely furnished house in a really cool city and have an awesome job given to me. :-)

Want to ask me a question? Contact me at...

just text me :-)

2 comments:

Chad said...

considering that you do spend a great deal of time "working" with the CBC kids program... and listening to Josh rehearse his sermons, I believe that you're more than entitled to a little acknowledgement on the church website. This is especially true since you're considered a fixture at CBC. The church just would not be the same without some Naya action goin' on...

naya said...

amen chad...now we just gotta get you on that committee that decides who is on the website...you make a great argument in my favor