Tuesday, March 24, 2009

not sleepy

so tomorrow is my first day back at work with students. went back to work today for a teacher work day so i just got to work in my classroom. alone. kid free for the day. definitely a nice transition back into work mode. but i have gotten so used to being able to stay up late and sleep in a bit that i am not tired and need to sleep. i need so badly to sleep. so in hopes of making myself sleepy i am going to blog.

we are moving. to a bigger apartment next week...so we thought
 we should start packing. well we have completed the following:
-the hall closet
-the laundry closet/area
-our bathroom areas (well other than the essential things we will need this next week)

we still have lots to do:
-the kitchen (ugh)
-the junk drawers (YES. plural. how do 2 people end up with so much junk things that we actually need more than 1 (or 2) drawers designated for junk. 
-the living room
-odds and ends (basically random crap we have accumulated over the last year)
-meg's room

i was able to get my room done tonight while megan was at practice
e (we are going to be storing all packed items in my room to keep them out of the way and to make it easier to clean the apartment this weekend
this is what my room looks like packed. oh moving. why must you be so not fun????

i did take a break to watch twilight with megan tonight and talk to my dear friend nicole from college. man. it has been years (probably since her wedding in 2005) since we have talked like we did tonight. i miss her. and realized tonight how thankful i am that God gave her to me as a friend at cbu. He knew i needed her. and just how much i needed her friendship, love, encouragement, and humor my last couple years there. she is incredible and now lives in texas with her hubby...i miss her...i should go visit....i do have my southwest credits...hhhmmm maybe next off track time.... 
:-)

No comments: