Sunday, March 29, 2009

10 things..

i miss...

1. special times in big bear with these two...they have ben such a huge blessing in my life. and played a strong role in my journey.
2. my dear friend ally. been through a lot together- growing up through college along side each other. i know that i can count on her for anything. she has always been an encourager. and someone who asks the hard questions and keeps me accountable. i had the honor to stand alongside her for her wedding to shawn this past summer...one of the highlights of my life
3. big bear lake with these girls. so many heartfelt conversations were shared here. along with so much laughter. i love them and miss the simplicity life seemed to have at this specific season of life.
4. my special friend in costa rica. my heart fell in love with him the moment i met him. i have not stopped thinking and praying about him since i left in february of last year. i hope and pray that i will get to see him again when i return in december of this year. (i also miss costa rica...and highly anticipate my return)
5. amanda (though i am seeing her in a week!!!) she has been someone who makes me laugh no matter what. she affirms me with her words an her friendship daily. i have shared my heart with her and she has in turn loved and cared for me so deeply. i am truly blessed by her and so sad i dont see her enough...but this next weekend will be GLORIOUS!!!

6. when ty would spend the night with me (before the  girls were born) and we 
would have breakfast at my favorite donut shop before church on sunday

7. when keirra and kaydin were this little. this was one of our favorite days ever meeting our twin nieces for the first time!!!! he is holding kaydin  and i am holding keirra...and i know it is not ok to have favorites but josh and i figure if we both have one favorite...then neither will be left out :-) and funny that this picture from the first day we met them actually reflects our favorites :-) (side note...we love each of our nieces and nephew the same)

8. the laughter and company shared with my cousins at christmas time. i hope we will never stop spending quality time together at the holidays. we have so many special traditions.
9. hooch. i love her and am sad she lives in another state. she is another special friend God gave me in college. He knew i needed her. i am glad He knew. i had the joy and honor of standing beside her (and my other close friend james) at her wedding this summer...i am one lucky girl


10. the gypsy den. no words can even be said to describe this amazingness. i know i will never relive that season of life...and i am thankful i had that opportunity...but i miss it!!!
(post was inspired by amanda...cant wait to see you!!!!)

3 comments:

Ariel =) said...

it must be amazing to have college friends.... i wouldnt know.... haha
anyways.... i love looking back on life like this and seeing how much things change.... sometimes it is sad but it is always crazy how everything is so different... it makes you wonder what life will be like in a couple more years....

Manders said...

ha ha ha ha
I LOVE YOU.
I am laughing, smiling, crying... what a great way to start my morning.
Can't wait to see you! :)

Lindsey said...

Oh Naya,

I just love you so much! I need you in my life. When can we hang out dear friend?