Thursday, March 31, 2011

28

well this is a month or so late but the big 2-8 has happened. I kinda freak out when I think about 28 because 28 is pretty close to 30. I don’t know why 30 freaks me out but it does.

In order to not freak about 28 I have decided that 28 is “the year” I am embracing all that this year can be. In order to make it “the year” here are a few of the things i have decided to do this year:

-be honest. Sometimes brutally honest. But mostly honest in love

-take time to journal, blog, read for fun

-be more intentional about my relationships

-become a good communicator: learn what it means to communicate healthily

-love me. Do things for me.

-get in shape and healthy. I want to start running and teach myself to enjoy it haha

-have less of a passive, people-pleaser attitude

-speak my mind

-be a more effective and creative teacher

now of course there are many more things I want to do this year…these are just a few…but basically this year is “my year” and I just want to embrace it.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Well, now that you live so close, we can start working on getting healthy. We can start off slow by walking. What do you think?

lanaya said...

i think that would be fun!!! i definitely have not done much in meeting this item on my list...