Wednesday, June 24, 2009

challenge to self.

i have decided that i would like to read through all of the psalms. start to finish. 

i find myself often feeling irritated, angry, hurt, discontent, lonely, insignificant:::: all feelings that are not from the Lord and definitely opposite of being filled with His joy and purpose:::: more often than i would like. 

So i figured i would  fill my heart and mind with thoughts of Him instead. and have chosen to try reading the psalms. i feel like David (and the other authors) felt some of those same feelings and so i would be encouraged and CHALLENGED in reading their words.

so i will read. and hopefully journal a few thoughts...i like to journal. it helps me process.

psalm 1

i want my delight (great pleasure) to be in the law of the Lord. How can i make this happen? 

i fall short of meditating (thinking deeply, carefully considering) on it day and night. i pray for better diligence in meditating on the Word. Need work on memorizing more scripture. :-( 

to be like a tree...firmly planted BY THE STREAM. How can i grow if i do not soak in the Word??

He promises to WATCH OVER the way of the righteous and that the way of the wicked WILL perish




2 comments:

Heather said...

Look at you being amazing again! :) I enjoy the psalms and proverbs a lot, so much wisdom in there! Another thing that really helped me was when we were memorizing Bible verses together for small group. I haven't done that in a while but need to! You go girl! Keep being a light!

Anonymous said...

I love you Naya! And you encourage me:) I hope the Psalms are still encouraging you. They are for me, that's for sure. Miss ya!