Wednesday, January 7, 2009

a day

today was a day. work. i love my job. i love my students...even though i tell them i am going to have an aneurism by the time i turn 26 due to some of them...or the few of them that i say lay awake at night thinking of ways to drive me crazy.. i love each and every one of them. but today was just one of those days when nothing seemed to go right in the classroom. i didnt have the materials ready that i thought i had ready when i needed them. so i got to use my creative juices and come up with some engaging and educational activities. it all worked out and i think some learning happened today. which is all i ask some days. i have lots of duties outside of the classroom that i am responsible for. science camp is one of them. i have never been and am excited to be able to experience this opportunity with my students. along with being a chaperone...i am actually being the coordinator for my school. which is great... but there is SOOO much that goes into it. i found out later than i should have and have missed a few deadlines for the school board but i have great administrators that are working with me and the board to get all the approvals i need on time. my deadline for the final list of names for camp was due before christmas break but i got it moved to this friday. i just had my last meeting with the two classes that were off track today. and to just say it...it was HECTIC...ugh nothing went right from the copies i needed, to having a translator, to having the video that i needed to show. but in the end...i think it went ok.

its been difficult getting back into the groove of working. i really got used to havin some time off...but it will happen. hopefully. :-) 

today was a thoughtful day. meaning introspective. just some things that have happened really made me think about myself and things i think and i feel and continue to process through. but having all of that going on in my head did NOT help my rough day at work. so today was weird. rough. and thoughtful.

blah blah blah

No comments: